lunes, 3 de diciembre de 2012

Tracks of 2012: Bloc Party- And So He Begins To Lie by OUTROVERSION

Tracks of 2012: Bloc Party- And So He Begins To Lie

by outroversion
I know I've been out of the game for ages and I'm probably not ever going to come back but I guess this still serves a purpose of sharing a few tunes I'm liking even if I'm not going out to see bands and all that, I won't go into reasons as there's not really any in particular, just the way i'm choosing to play my cards.
As I become even more disinterested in all the bands nme and the press talk about and my e-mail inbox becomes a waste land for press releases i've found myself hanging onto new tunes by the artists that I was into half a decade ago and it has been with a huge sense of relief that great albums by Bloc Part (four), Green Day (Dos!) and Ben Gibbard (Former Lives) have somewhat restoked my fires even a little bit.
It is with a sense of trepidation that I say Alt-J's awesome wave is probably the best new album i've heard this year as it contradicts everything i've just said, also everyone else is saying that, rendering my opinion pointless. Anyway...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/Blocparty.PNG
Bloc Party- And So He Begins To Lie
This performance on Jools Holland was the first I'd even heard about a new Bloc Party album. Silent Alarm was a magnificent and articulate debut but misdirection since then has made them hard to follow. After seeing this performance, I declared it "flawless". I've heard the album since then and so is that.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario